Hair loss is a common and upsetting problem which affects most of the young women. It is a disorder which affects physical appearance as well as psychological thinking. When some one starts losing hair at a very young age, it really becomes depressing one. Nowadays, most of people suffer from the problem of hair loss. Only after people have lost a lot of hair, most people think about preventing this. However, if they start it in early stages (like when you still have a head full of hair) it works out a lot easier both emotionally and financially. Preventing hair loss is a simpler and easy process than treating hair loss.
Everyone loses some hair as they get older. Sometimes, young women are also experiencing hair loss. Sudden Hair Loss in Young Women can seriously affect their self-esteem. Many young women may find losing their hair very quickly or they may even detect a small bald patch forming. Hair loss in young women is the symptom more willingly than the condition itself. Some of the common causes of hair loss in young women include medical conditions, hormonal imbalances, medications, pregnancy, poor diet and stress. Treatments are available to help with the hair loss problem.
Causes of Hair Loss in young women:
In young women, imbalances in hormones estrogen and testosterone can cause hair loss. Menopause is also a condition in women which sometimes gives birth to hair fall. But, once the hormone levels are stabled the hair usually grows back to its original thickness.
Synthetic Products and Cosmetics:
Some hair products like hair dyes, hair colors and shampoos are actually harmful to hairs of young women. Some chemicals which are present in this products causes allergy and resulting in hair fall.
Medicines which are used in chemotherapy have been known to cause hair loss. Some medicines which contain Sulphur are also responsible for hair fall. Other medicines which are used to treat depression, heart problems, gout, cancer and blood pressure also causes hair fall. Pills that used for birth control, sexual pills and blood thinner pills are also responsible for hair loss.
Medical Conditions or diseases:
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), thyroid imbalances (both underactive and overactive thyroids can cause hair loss) and androgenic alopecia are the most common conditions to cause premature hair loss in young women. PCOS and thyroid problems can be treated with little hair loss. But, alopecia can cause large patches of hair to fall out.
In hair growth, diet can pay a huge part. Deficiency of iron and/or protein in the diet can cause hair loss. Fruits and green vegetables are the most excellent source of nutrients which prevent hair fall.
Anxiety, emotional stress, overdoing things and fatigue are the psychological causes for Sudden Hair Loss in Young Women.
Tips to prevent hair loss:
Same as your skin and your nail, hair is often a barometer of general health. Healthy women will have probably good looking hair. Hair loss may be the sign of possible health problems. Everything which done by you for good health, also applies to your hair.
- Eat fruits and vegetables (Vitamin B, Iron, Calcium and Zinc have especially been linked to healthy hair)
- Always consume a protein-rich diet (hair is made of proteins)
- Drink adequate water
Take care of your hair:
Keep your hair clean, because dirty hair is more likely to get infected and more likely to fall than clean hair. Buy good-quality shampoo and hair products for your hair treatment. Concentrate on the scalp and hair roots when you shampoo your hair. It is better to concentrate on the ends of your hair when applying conditioner or hair lotion (which tend to dry out faster and are more vulnerable to the damage that comes from exposure). Regularly trimming of hair, helps your hair look and feel better and it helps to remove split ends.
Stay away from things that are bad for your hair:
Wearing styles that pull the hair tight (usually into braids or pony tails) also affects the hair. Many women adopt several unhealthy hair-practices like pull their hair so tight. Your hair will recover if you alter your hairstyle soon enough otherwise your hair might lastingly stop growing from the areas it is pulled most from. Chemical treatments (even ‘herbal’ ones) which are designed to drastically change the way your hair looks (styling, perming, straightening, hot-oil treatments, hot ironing) also affect the hair of women.
Blow-dryer dries out the scalp and damages hair follicles. To prevent this, allow your hair to air dry at least part of the time, or change the heat setting on your blower to the lowest. Hair combing or rough toweling when wet put out some hair strands from the roots and stretch and break others. Pulling out of hair might do more harm than you realize. In any way, do nothing that might harm your hair.
Home treatments for healthy hair:
Formulate a paste of henna, curd, soaked and ground fenugreek, ground hibiscus flowers, ground gooseberries, and egg (all of them or any one). Apply this paste onto the hair and scalp for about an hour before shampooing. This will make your hair stronger and better-looking. Henna is appropriate only for dark colored hair because it tints hair red.
Wash the hair with decoction of tea or a bit of lemon squeezed into the water (for dandruff).
Apply oil (coconut or almond) on the hair. Apply the oil on the scalp overnight before shampooing, or apply a drop to the top of your head before you comb out your hair. If doing this daily does not appeal to you.
Natural Treatment for Hair Loss:
- Henna and Brahmi: Henna is one of the best natural hair conditioner and when it is applied with brahmi and jatamamsi, provides all the necessary nutrients and helps in regenerating the hair follicles. It really makes hair smooth and silky and also it prevents hair loss. You can also make a past of shikakai, ritha and henna and then apply this paste on your scalp twice a week and then wash it with mild shampoo. It will be very beneficial for hair.
- Onion Pulp and Onion Juice: For hair loss, it is one of the best home remedy. Due to its sulfur content, it helps to prevent hair loss. Apply a paste of onion pulp and onion juice on your scalp three times in a week for 6 month. You can feel the magical change in growth of your hair.
- Amla: Amla is a very good source of Vitamin C and it can be used to cure hair loss. To prevent hair fall, it can be used with heena and shikakai in the form of paste. It is one of the best natural home remedy for hair fall.
- Regular Massage: Regular massage of scalp with some natural oils like jojoba oil, grapeseed oil, lavender and cedarwood oil improves the blood circulation in scalp and helps in preventing hair fall. Safflower oil is also very beneficial to prevent hair loss.
- Egg Yolk: Regularly massage the scalp with egg yolk. It really helps in proper hair growth and it also makes your hair silky.
- Black Gram Dhal and Fenugreek: A paste of boiled black gram dahl or red gram with fenugreek (methi) is also help to treat bald patches.
- Natural Herbs: In preventing hair fall, some natural herbs like aloe vera , dong quai, lemon seeds, rosemary leaves, lettuce used in powdered form or in the form of paste helps.
Also, remember that hair loss in young female women can be a symptom of another illness, so make sure about it by consulting your doctor. Keep track of other symptoms and also make sure about these symptoms that you are aware of any changes that your body might have gone through.