Potatoes are liked mostly by everyone and there are varieties of breakfast potato dishes which are very easy to cook for a crowd. See some best selected breakfast recipes of potatoes and also the list of other potato dishes for breakfast.
Potatoes are grown worldwide and potatoes are both nutritious and inexpensive. In almost every culture, there are wonderful potato recipes. The potato is the second most consumed food in the United States after Milk. In the U.S, each person eats an average of one potato per day or 135 pounds of potatoes a year. Potato consumption is even higher in many other countries. Various potato recipes may be made from mashed potatoes, baked potatoes, scalloped potatoes, potato casseroles, potato soups, sweet potato, etc.
List of potato dishes for breakfast:
- Potato Omelet
- Cheesy Ham and Hash Brown Casserole
- Sausage Casserole
- German Potato Pancakes
- Spinach and Potato Frittata
- Home-Fried Potatoes
- Louisiana Sweet Potato Pancakes
- Country Style Fried Potatoes
- Wake-Up Casserole
- Corned Beef Hash
- Breakfast Upside down Cake
- Early Morning Oven Roasted New Potatoes
- Cheesy Fried Potatoes
- Potato Skillet
- Country Brunch Skillet
- Breakfast Burritos with Green Salsa
- Bramboracky (Czech Savory Potato Pancakes)
- Easy Spicy Roasted Potatoes
- Christmas Brunch Casserole
Easy Baked Potatoes for A Crowd:
- 1 stk butter – melted
- 1 x (8oz) carton low fat sour cream (can use nonfat)
- 1 x (2 lb) pkg frozen hash browns or possibly Potatoes O’Brien – thawed
- 12 ounce grated Cheddar cheese
- 1 bn green onion finely minced
- 1 x (10-3/4oz) can condensed cream of chicken or possibly cream of celery soup
- Salt and freshly grind pepper
Simply, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a large casserole or baking dish lightly. Then mix hash browns, butter, low fat sour cream, cheddar, onions and undiluted soup in a large bowl and flavor it with salt and pepper. After that, sprinkle it with paprika, and then bake 50-60 minutes.
Country Brunch Skillet:
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 eggs
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 6 cups frozen cubed hash brown potatoes
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
At medium heat, cook bacon in a large skillet until they crisp. Remove bacon; crumble and set aside. Then add potatoes, green pepper, onion, salt and pepper to drippings; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Cover it and cook with stirring occasionally until potatoes are browned and tender, about 15 minutes. Then, make six wells in the potato mixture and break one egg into each well. After that cover it and cook on low heat for 8-10 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Finally, sprinkle with cheese and bacon.
- 7 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 8 frozen hash brown patties
- 4 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 pound cubed fully cooked ham
Grease a baking dish and place hash brown patties in a single layer. Sprinkle with cheese and ham. Beat eggs, milk, salt and mustard in a bowl. And pour it over ham. Cover it and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. After that uncover it and bake it further for 15 minutes longer or until edges are golden brown and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
Potato for crowd breakfast:
In a conservative kitchen, cooking for a crowd can be challenging to everyone. When camping can seem, cooking for a crowd is almost impossible to a trainee campfire cook. It is easy to use potato for Crowd Breakfast because potato is liked by almost everyone and it is easily available in almost every country. Recipes of the potato are fast to make and also nutritious. Sweet potatoes are low in sodium, calories and filling, easy to cook, and loaded with vitamins A and C, iron and thiamine. They are a good source of fiber and also contain beta-carotene.
Occasions on which potato dishes are cooked for group:
In India, potato is necessary to cook for group in some fasts of religious nature. Fasting day is a day on which eating is held as optional while a normal diet is a light feast consisting of different foods from usual. Sweet potato is one of the prime sources of nourishment on such occasions.