Brown bread is the bread that made from whole wheat grains. The bran and germ of the wheat flour are not removed and left whole in the process of making brown bread. Bran includes most of the dietary fiber along with many essential vitamins, so it is considered as a healthy food for everyone. There are lots of health benefits of brown bread given below.
Among health conscious individuals, the popularity of brown bread has been growing. Whole wheat is often touted as one of the cornerstones of a nutritious diet. The most common way to get it is by choosing whole wheat bread instead of white. White bread is in fact white flour. Obesity and digestive problems can be led by consuming white bread over a period of time. Whole wheat bread is a good source of vitamins B and E, as well as iron and fiber. Brown bread is also rich in anti-oxidants like magnesium, iron, selenium etc. Brown bread rich fiber content acts as a bowel stimulant and prevents digestive problems and constipation. Brown bread has zero calories and it is very good for health.
- Dietary Fiber
- Saturated Fat
- Monounsaturated Fat
- Polyunsaturated Fat
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin B6
- Iron 1.4 mg
- Other Fats
- Omega 3 Fatty Acids
- Omega 6 Fatty Acids
Health benefits of brown bread
A diet high in whole wheat decreases the risk of high blood pressure. Many of the nutrients and minerals found in whole wheat bread encourage healthy heart function. People who eat a diet that contains sufficient amount of whole wheat are almost 1/3 less likely to suffer heart failure. Consumption of whole-grain, high-fiber foods significantly reduces the risk for cardiovascular disease and ischemic stroke.
Those who are aiming for weight loss or health conscious should prefer brown bread, since it has much less calories than the white one and also keep the feeling full for a longer time.
High in Fiber:
Almost triple the amount of fiber as the white variety is provided by whole wheat bread. Diet high in fiber is essential to warding off digestive problems and can significantly decrease the risk of developing colon cancer.
Strengthen the Immune System:
Whole wheat bread helps to strengthen the immune system and fight many other medical conditions. From cancer prevention and improving cardiovascular health to reducing the risks of diabetes and protecting the body from free radicals, whole wheat bread is essential to overall vitality.
Whole grains lower blood glucose levels and have a protective effect against diabetes. Consuming three or more servings of whole grains each day reduces the risk of developing diabetes by 20-30% over consumption of just one serving per week.
Part of a Healthy Diet:
Whole wheat provides nutrients, minerals and energy needed to live a healthy lifestyle and keep the person in top shape. Persons who eat diets rich in whole wheat are more physically fit and weigh less than those who do not.
Reduced Overall Mortality:
Overall reduction in mortality has been found with regular whole grain consumption. Those who regularly consumed whole grains had a 17% reduction in overall mortality compared to consumers of refined grains.
- Bread made from whole wheat acts as a protective agent against breast cancer.
- Whole wheat is rich in nutrients provides consumers a feeling of fullness, thereby reducing the risk of overeating.
- Metabolic syndrome risk is reduced by whole wheat bread, which includes visceral obesity, low levels of protective HDL cholesterol, high triglycerides, and high blood pressure.
- Whole wheat products prove to be an extremely rich source of the mineral, selenium.
- Women, who consume breads made from whole wheat, do not face the problem of gallstones.
- Brown bread has more fiber and nutrients than white bread, since it is not processed as much as the latter.
- The fiber present in whole wheat brown bread helps to reduce the risk of some chronic diseases, like constipation, hemorrhoids and diverticulosis.
- Daily intake of whole wheat products ensures an overall increase in health and decrease in obesity.