Creme fraiche is a thick cream commonly used in French recipes, whether it is sweet or savory. However, you may have to face difficulty to find it in your local grocery store. If you plan on preparing a lot of French cooking, then this creme fraiche recipe is very useful. Also, it is very easy to prepare at home. With a slightly nutty flavor, Creme fraiche is more mild and complex. It has same taste and texture to the sour cream. In this article, you will find how to prepare creme fraiche at home.
When you leave cream for some time, it will eventually become sour and thicken due to the naturally present bacteria within it and this type is the original creme fraiche. It is an ideal ingredient to prepare sauces and gravies as it brings a smooth and velvety texture to it. Also, it supports better to cooking in opposition to curdling.
What are the uses of Creme Fraiche recipe?
- Creme fraiche recipe is classically paired with poached, baked or pan-seared salmon to prepare canape recipes. Also, you can blend a capers, little lemon juice, and fresh dill together with creme fraiche.
- Use creme fraiche wherever you like sour cream, in preparation of creamy mashed potatoes. For variation purpose, you can also add some chopped chives to it.
- It is also used as a topping purpose in desserts. Whisk crème fraiche with a little sugar or honey and use it to decorate your favorite desserts.
- For a rapid and effective flavor enhancer, add a dollop of crème fraiche to top steamed vegetables or baked fish.
- As it will not curdle, it can also be used in boiled recipes.
Easy & Fast Creme Fraiche recipe:
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 dash salt
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- First take required quantity of sour cream in a small bowl and sprinkle sugar and salt over it.
- Allow to stand this mixture for 2 minutes.
- Then, gently fold in cream one tablespoon at a time until it blended well.
- Now, creme fraiche recipe is ready to use. If you want to store it, then cover it and refrigerate.
Creme Fraiche recipe:
- 2 tablespoon buttermilk
- Glass jar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Combine whipping cream with buttermilk well in glass jar.
- Then, cover the glass jar and allow it to stand at room temperature (about 70 oF) for 8 to 24 hours, or until it becomes thickened.
- Stir well this preparation during this time and refrigerate it.
- For greater benefit and safety to health, use this preparation maximum within 10 days.
Easy Creme Fraiche:
- 1 ½ cups cool whip
- 2 tablespoons amaretto
- ½ cup sour cream
- ⅔ cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 3 oz. pkg. cream cheese
- At medium speed, beat cream cheese until feathery.
- Then, add all other remaining ingredients in it.
- Further beat them until it becomes thick.
- Cover this crème fraiche and refrigerate it for 8 hours for chilling purpose.
- You can also refrigerate it for up to 4 days.
Peach Creme Fraiche Recipe:
- 20 oz. peach slices in juice
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 env. Plain gelatin
- 3 tsp Water
- 1 cup frozen low fat non-dairy whipped topping
- First drain the peaches and from all slices, reserve four slices for garnish purpose.
- Dispose of the juice from the peaches and reserve it. You can use this reserved juice for another use.
- In a blender or food processor, place the peaches, whipped topping, and almond extract and blend it until it becomes smooth.
- Now combine together the gelatin and water in a small saucepan.
- Allow it to stand for five minutes.
- After five minutes, heat it over low flame with constant stirring until the whole gelatin is dissolved.
- Add this gelatin solution to the peach mixture.
- Then, further blend this mixture for another few seconds and spoon it into four dessert dishes.
- Store it in refrigerator until serving time.
- Eventually, decorate it with the reserved peach slices and extra whipped topping.
Creme Fraiche Recipe video from Youtube: