Cake is the most favorite sweet dish to celebrate the occasion of birthday, anniversary, graduation and many other special days of our life. Normally, we have seen cake in round or other creative shapes. Do you know that, you can also use Mason Jars to prepare single serving cakes! These jar cakes are best option for single serving and you can use your baking creativity to make it more yummy and delicious. Before you use Mason jar to make cake for your family members, you must wash it and clean it properly and if it is required, you can use oil for greasing or non-sticky cooking spray.
Here we are sharing some of the best Mason jar cakes with you.
Bird’s Nest Cupcakes in Mason Jars:
Ingredients: 18.25-ounce package white cake mix, 3 egg whites, 1 1/4 cups buttermilk, 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, 1 teaspoon lemon extract, 16-ounce apricot-pineapple preserves, 1/2 cup lemon curd, 16-ounce cream cheese frosting, 6-ounce flaked/toasted coconut, Hershey candy coated eggs.
- Make your oven on and put it at 350 degrees for pre-heating.
- Take white cake mix, egg white, buttermilk, vegetable oil and lemon extract in one bowl. Now, mix all the ingredients to make moist cake batter.
- Pour batter into the muffin pans and put muffin pans into the oven.
- Bake pancakes for 16-18 minutes.
- Allow pancakes to get cool down and prepare roasted coconut.
- Put coconut in baking pan and toast it for 10 minutes till it becomes brown.
- Now, put one cupcake upside down in Mason Jar and spread lemon curd on the top of it. Do little icing to cover lemon curd.
- Now, put another cupcake on lemon curd again do icing to cover it.
- On the top of it, spread roasted coconut to make it looks like a nest.
- Put 2 or 3 Hershey candy coated eggs in center of nest and serve it.
Rainbow Cake in a Jar:
Ingredients: one box of Betty Crocker Super Moist white cake mix, 1 container Betty Crocker Whipped Ready to Spread white frosting, 3 egg whites, 1/3 cup vegetable oil, 1 1/4 cup water, Betty Crocker NEON food colors in neon pink, neon blue and neon purple, Regular food colors in yellow, green, red and blue, wide-mouth glass canning jars, Non-stick cooking spray.
- Turn on oven to pre-heat at 350°F.
- Wash all canning jars and dry them. Spray non-stick cooking spray evenly in each jar.
- Prepare cake batter as per instructed on the cake mix box.
- Divide batter in 5 different bowls evenly.
- Add food color purple, blue, pink, yellow, green, red and neon blue; one color in one bowl and stir well to mix.
- Now, add each colored batter in every jar about 1/4-cup by following the order: purple (first), blue, green, yellow, pink (last).
- Put all jars in glass baking dish. Now, pour some water in dish and bake it for 35-40 minutes.
- Allow cakes to get cool down. Now, do icing before serving.
Chocolate cake in Mason jar:
Ingredients: 1 cup sugar, 1/2 cup shortening, 1 cup milk, 4 egg whites, 2 cups cake flour, 3 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1tbsp coco powder, chocolate chips
- Mix sugar and shortening to mix it well.
- Take egg white in one bowl and beat it to get the light and bubbly mixture. Now slowly add cake flour, milk, coco powder, chocolate chips and sugar. Mix all ingredients to get perfect thick batter.
- Now, pour about ½ cup batter into the greased Mason jar.
- Allow cake to back for 35-45 minutes on 325 degree.
- Spread chocolate frosting on top after cake gets cool down, then serve it.
Apple spice Mason Jar cake:
Ingredients: 1 cup sugar, 1/2 cup shortening, 1 cup milk, 4 egg whites, 2 cups cake flour, 3 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp vanilla extract, ½ cup diced apple, 1 tsp cinnamon and ½ tsp lemon juice.
- Add sugar and shortening in one bowl and blend it well.
- Blend egg white in other bowl. Add milk, cake flour, baking powder, vanilla extract, diced apple, cinnamon and lemon juice. Mix all ingredients to prepare cake batter.
- Pour about ½ cup batter in Mason jar to bake it.
- Preheat oven at 325 degree and put batter containing jar into the oven for 35-40 minutes to bake it.
- Allow it to get cool down and do icing with the apple frosting.
Blueberry Pancake in a Jar:
Ingredients: 1 cup flour, 1 tbsp baking powder, 2 tbsp organic sugar, 2 tbsp vegan margarine, melted, 3/4 cup nut milk, Blueberries
- Mix flour, baking powder and organic summer in one bowl. Mix it vigorously to combine it perfectly.
- Now, add margarine along with milk and whisk it to form batter.
- Take washed jars and put blueberries in bottom of jar. Now, add batter till it reaches to half of jar’s height.
- Put all jars on baking tray and put them in microwave for one to two minute. If jar is large, then microwave it for 90 seconds.
- Take out baked cakes and let them cool down.
- Do topping of pancake with the margarine, blueberries and syrup.