Everyone knows that pregnant women should consume more fruits in their diet. Fruits are blessings to mankind by Mother Nature. Fruits are great source of vitamins and minerals so they are always the best friend of pregnant women. They save pregnant women from taking antibiotics and pills as they have so many benefits. Peach is one of the best fruits that are very helpful in pregnancy. Peach also provides many benefits during pregnancy but it should be eaten in moderation. Here are the benefits of peach fruit during pregnancy.
Peach is an ancient and delicious fruit which is a symbol of longevity in China. It has 88% water so it is recognized to be thirst-quencher. Generally, peaches are of yellow, white, red, pink or even a mix of those colors. Peaches have high nutrition value when eaten raw. They are rich source of vitamin C, fiber, iron, vitamin A, and niacin. They also contain potassium, vitamin B (folate), magnesium, phosphorus, manganese and copper in good amount. Pregnant women should consume peaches in moderation, preferably not above 500 gm a day.
Peach Benefits During Pregnancy
- Iron helps in the brain development of the fetus as well as prevents anemia during pregnancy.
- Manganese aids in infant’s brain development and cell production process.
- Peach contains antivomitive properties which help to control vomiting that takes place during pregnancy. Consuming peach tea helps to prevent vomiting.
- Vitamin C helps in the absorption of iron as well as boosts immune system. It is also important for the growth of the infant as well as builds cells and tissues.
- Folate helps in brain and spine development of fetus as well as prevents birth defects like spina bifida. It also increases the production of nucleic acids.
- Potassium helps to prevent leg cramps that are very common during pregnancy. It also maintains fluid balance of mother and baby
- Magnesium aids in the development of heart, nervous system and skeletal system of the infant. It also helps in labor contractions as well as provides energy to the mother.
- Phosphorus helps in building strong bones of both mother and her developing baby.
- High fibre amount helps to prevent constipation during pregnancy.
- Vitamin A helps to develop teeth and bones of the baby properly.