Dried big grapes are also known as raisins. The difference between grapes and raisins is that raisins come with seeds and have more nutrition than small grapes. In ayurveda, it is considered as a best medicine in throat disease. The regular use of Raisins is beneficial to the Asthma patients because a kind of dry raisins has unique ability to clear out the cough from the trachea. Raisins are dried grapes obtained by drying fresh grapes (black or green) in sun or driers. Dried grapes provide 249 calories per 100 g compared to fresh grapes. Raisins are natural source of energy, minerals, electrolytes, and vitamins. They are filled with dietary fiber, poly phenolic anti-oxidants, and other phyto-nutrients. The health benefits of raisins contain relief from acidosis, constipation, anemia, sexual weakness and fever. It also helps in eye care, dental care, weight gain, and bone health. Here are provided some great health benefits and nutritional facts of Raisin.
Health benefits of Raisins
1) A constipation patient should consume dry raisins and fennel seed daily before going to sleep. Raisins, the dried form absorbs water which helps to give relief in constipation.
2) Chew currant after removing seeds from it. This helps to keep the blood clean as it has antioxidant properties. One should consume it for two-three weeks to get rid of all the impurities.
3) The use of Raisin helps to reduce acidity. The daily consumption of 4-5 raisins help in alleviating acidity and protects the body from its harmful effects as it contains magnesium and potassium.
4) Eat mashed currant mixed with garlic that helps to remove gas and give relief in the waist pain.
5) Boil 10 gram of currant in 250 gram milk then drink it after adding one tablespoon ghee and sugar in it. This helps to remove semen disorder. The regular use of it removes the disorder of heart, intestines, and blood. It also removes constipation problem.
6) Take 7 currants and boil in milk after removing seeds from currant. The one time decoction is beneficial to remove cold and cough. If you have cold and cough for long time then take it for one week.
7) Chew 5 currants everyday in morning and at night as it is beneficial to individual who have problem in throat due to Allergy. But do not drink water on it. Do this experiment for 10 days.
8) If your child has a bed wetting problem then give them 2 currants after removing seeds from it. Continue this experiment for one week. It gives benefit in such type of problem.
9) The regular use of raisins helps to correct iron deficiency and also help in many problems like colon cancer, bone health, burning of cholesterol and so on.
10) Raisins contain olenolic acid and phytonutrients which is beneficial for the health of gums and teeth and also it helps to strengthen your bones and teeth as they are rich source of calcium.
11) Raisins can protect against colon cancer and heart disease as it includes additional nutritive compounds. It helps to prevent the development of osteoporosis in postmenopausal woman because raisin fulfills the deficiency of the calcium and boron.
Nutritional Facts – Raisins
100 gm of raisins contains following amount of nutrients:
- Protein – 3 gm
- Total Carbohydrates – 79 gm
- Dietary Fiber – 4 gm
- Sugars – 59 gm
- Vitamin C – 2.3 mg
- Vitamin K – 3.5 mcg
- Vitamin E – 0.12 mg
- Riboflavin – 0.125 mg
- Thiamin – 0.106 mg
- Vitamin B6 – 0.174 mg
- Niacin – 0.766 mg
- Folate – 5 mcg
- Calcium – 50 mg
- Magnesium – 32 mg
- Phosphorus – 101 mg
- Iron – 1.88 mg
- Sodium – 11 mg
- Potassium – 749 mg
- Zinc – 0.22 mg
- Manganese – 0.299 mg
- Selenium – 0.6 mcg
- Copper – 0.318 mg
Image source: becomingwhoyouare.net