Garlic is one of the healthiest foods you can eat. The health benefits of garlic are truly incredible. Raw garlic is fully packed with essential nutrients and compounds that help it function as an antiviral, antibiotic, antiseptic, antifungal, and a germicide. Plus, it acts as an antioxidant and helps you fight against harmful free radicals. Hence, it is highly recommended to consume fresh garlic on a daily basis. Moreover, the anti-bacterial and anti-viral qualities of garlic work externally.
One superb way to apply garlic externally is to use garlic ointment. What’s more, the garlic oil ointment, which also known as Goot, require just three common ingredients and it can be prepared easily at home. Goot is really a strong natural medicine that can kill parasites, Candida, virus, and bad bacteria via direct application. Now, follow the steps given below to prepare goot garlic oil ointment.
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons of fresh chopped garlic
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
Here is how you make it:
- Heat 3 tbsp of coconut oil in a small pan until it is melted and warm (note: don’t heat it too much)
- Now add 3 tbsp of olive oil into warm coconut oil and mix well
- Remove from heat and add 3 tbsp of fresh chopped garlic
- Put this mixture in a blender and blend it first at slow speed and then at high speed for around 2 minutes
- Next, strain the mixture through a screen to remove any garlic chunks present in the mixture
- Pour the mixture into a wide mouth jar. Make sure to label it “Goot” and date it as well. Then, keep it in the refrigerator. This goot mixture will become a thick paste after one hour.
- After 2 weeks, make sure to discard this mixture and make a new batch of goot. Of course, goot is not harmful for you after two weeks, but it will be not as strong and effective as before.
- You can also add two dropper-fulls of oregano oil (and blend well) and few drops of GSE i.e. Grapefruit Seed Extract in the mixture, for added strength and usefulness, before refrigeration.
Now, let’s see some of the important applications of this Garlic Oil Ointment:
- Gently rub the mixture into the skin. The penetrating capability of the garlic assures that it is transferred directly into the blood stream and thus travels all over the body. Plus, the blend of coconut oil and olive oil along with garlic will see to it that the skin is not irritated in the way it could be if raw garlic alone was applied on to the skin.
- Goot is absolutely safe for children and even infants. Apply it to the feet of children or infants to ward off infections.
- Rub the mixture into nostrils to prevent and cure sinus infections.
- Apply the mixture on chest for treating chest colds and pneumonia.
- Apply some goot directly on the sores inside the mouth to cure them.
- Rub on to Athlete’s foot and genital area to treat jock itch.
- Apply directly on rashes any where on the body
- Put the mixture of goot in a gelatin capsule and insert into the vagina or rectum area, to help prevent and cure yeast and other related problems.
- Goot is considered as one of the best home remedies for ear infection. You can apply it directly to the ears, using a cotton swab.