Jojoba oil is the liquid wax which is derived from the seeds of jojoba plant. Jojoba is an evergreen plant which is found in the stony hillsides in southern Arizona, southern California and northwestern Mexico. It is also recognized as “Simmondsia chinensis” and belongs to the family of Buxaceae. Compared to peanuts and resembling coffee beans, jojoba seeds are large.
Usually the jojoba seeds are recognized as goat nits. The 50% weight of the jojoba seed is because of the oil. Compared to safflower oil, canola oil, almond oil or squalene, jojoba oil has more Oxidative Stability Index. Organic jojoba oil is golden in color and has somewhat fatty odor but after refining it becomes nearly a clear, colorless and odorless liquid. Jojoba oil is generally famous for its moisturizing, restorative and anti-inflammatory properties. It is used by cosmetic manufacturers in shampoos, conditioners and skin care products.
It decreases the natural production of sebum, lubricates the scalp and indeed diminishes the crumbling of the skin. It is non-caloric and non-digestible oil which can go through the intestines unaffected and can lead to steatorrhea. The chemical elements of jojoba oil are most similar to human skin oil (sebum) which gives smooth effect to our skin and hair. It is appropriate for all types of skin and has a long life. It makes a protective wall over the skin. It is also used to remove makeup.
Benefits of Jojoba Oil for Hair:
Jojoba oil is suitable for all types of hair. Jojoba is moisturizing oil as it contains chemical element similar to ‘sebum’ which is required to moisturize the scalp. It balances the sebum production present in our scalp and maintains beautiful, healthy hair as well as prevents hair loss. Dandruff, dry scalp, and psoriasis on the scalp can be treated by it. It is oil free, colorless and odorless so applying it on the hair is fairly unremarkable. It has antibacterial properties which promote a healthy scalp and it is used to cure sores, cuts and bruises on the scalp.
Daily use of jojoba oil averts dandruff buildup, tangling, dryness and split ends. It eliminates the particulates deposited on the hair and hastens new hair cell growth. It keeps the hair humidified. It is a scalp cleanser which helps to decrease the hair fall and breakage. Massaging jojoba oil on the scalp improves the blood circulation which stimulates the hair follicles to grow faster. It is also a great hair conditioner and prevents hair from being brittle and dull. Jojoba oil seals the moisture in the hair shaft and gives natural shine to the hair.
How to Use Jojoba Oil for Hair?
- Take hot oil treatment by mixing 50 % jojoba oil and 50 % coconut/almond oil. Apply this mixture on the hair and scalp. Cover your hair on top of your head with a warm towel and keep it for half an hour. After that, wash your hair.
- Add 20 drops or 2 tsp. of jojoba oil to your shampoo to improve moisture of the scalp.
- Take a few drops of jojoba oil and massage it through the ends of the hair to protect against blow drying. It also prevents split ends as well as gives natural shine and softness to the hair.
- Take a few drops of jojoba oil and apply it to hair tangles this helps to detangle the hair without breakage or damage.
- For deep conditioning, apply jojoba oil at night and keep it over night. On the next morning wash the oil.
- To make jojoba gel for hair styling, combine 1 teaspoon of jojoba oil with 2 cups of Aloe Vera gel.
- As a leave-in conditioner, rub Jojoba oil to the hair and then comb through with a big-toothed comb until it is equally distributed.
- For conditioning hair spray, mix 1 teaspoon of jojoba oil with 1 cup of water and keep it in a spray bottle.
- Put few drops of the jojoba oil into the conditioner and apply it after shampooing your hair. After that, wash the hair thoroughly. It will give shine and strength to the hair as well as give protection against dandruff.
Benefits of Jojoba Oil for Skin:
Jojoba oil is appropriate for all types of skin. Jojoba oil’s chemical composition is similar to human sebum so it is suitable for the people suffering from excessive oiliness of the skin. It persuades the sebaceous glands to generate less sebum and also prevents clogging of skin pores. So it is very helpful in preventing acne. Its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties make it appropriate for healing different skin conditions. Its capability to fight against bacterial and fungal infections of the skin is enhanced by iodine and zinc which is present in it.
Canker sores, athlete’s foot, warts, cold sores, rosacea and psoriasis are also healed by using jojoba oil. Daily use of jojoba oil on the face removes wrinkles as it contained vitamin E. Jojoba oil has oil-free property which confirms that it efficiently penetrates the skin by making the skin moisturize and soft. A rich velvety oil-free feel on the skin is left by the high spread, absorbent and lubricity proportion of jojoba oil while filling moisture and escalating the elasticity of the skin. It used as a facial cleanser and for removing eye makeup. Jojoba oil clean blocked pores and brings the skin’s natural pH balance back. It is perfect for dry skin, eczema and other problematic skin conditions.
How to Use Jojoba Oil for Skin?
- For moisturizer, add a few drops of jojoba oil to your lotion and apply it to your skin. It will help to balance the sebum of the skin by moisturizing dry skin and lessening oil production in oily skin.
- To keep the skin moisture whole day, just apply the jojoba oil directly to the skin.
- To remove the makeup, just soak a cotton ball in the oil and wipe them away. After that, take out the remaining oil from your face with the help of a moist tissue.
- Take few drops of jojoba oil and apply it to the lips to get rid of dry and chapped lips.
- Before showers, apply jojoba oil on your body as it hydrates the skin and also increases blood flow.
- To treat acne spots mix 1 tsp. of jojoba oil with five drops of tea tree oil. Soak a cotton swab in the mixture and apply it to the skin where the breakout occurs. Do this thrice a day.
Video of benefits of using jojoba oil from youtube:
Video of Jojoba Oil – Amazing Natural Moisturizer & Conditioner for Hair, Skin, Hands, & Nails from youtube: