Thyme is a familiar medicinal herb that is inhabitant to the Mediterranean province. Thyme Herb Oil is made from Thymus vulgaris of the Labiatae family. It is also known as common or red thyme. It has many uses and benefits which are described below.
Thyme is an evergreen plant which cultivates up to 16 inches high. It has highly fragrant, with small oval-shaped, grayish-green leaves and pale purplish-pink flowers. Thyme receives its name from the Greek word thymos that denotes perfume. Thyme Herb Oil has properties such as emenagogue, expectorant, cicatrisant, diuretic, bechic, cardiac, and carminative, anti spasmodic, anti rheumatic, anti septic, bactericidal, hypertensive, insecticide, stimulant, tonic and vermifuge. Beta Caryophyllene, Alpha Thujone, Alpha Pinene, Camphene, Beta Pinene, Para Cymene, Alpha Terpinene, Linalool, Borneol, Thymol and Carvacrol are elements of Thyme Herb Oil.
Types of Thyme Oil
There are two types ofthyme oil. They are sweet thyme essential oil and red thyme essential oil. Sweet thyme oil has burly sweet scent with pale yellow color. Red thyme oil has amber colored with a very piquant smell.
Uses of Thyme Herb Oil
- This oil canbe used in a bath. If you mix little drops oil to the bath, it will assist in skin irritations and athlete’s foot fungus. To lucid your lungs, you can insert one or two drops of oil to the bowl of hot water and vigilantly breathe in the steam.
- One can use this oil as an aromatherapy diffuser. These acquire several forms, ranging from economical strips of card which is used with a plug-in diffuser to machines and it vaporizes the oil into the air. Put few drops of oil into a bowl of potpourri and just let the oil disappear into the air.
- When it is used in kitchen, it helps to defend meat and keep it from spoiling. It is heady herb which keeps most of its flavor even during drying. It is well-known ingredient in a variety of recipes and seasonings.
- It is used for multiple purposes in medical including acne treatment, bronchitis and coughs, and sore throats.
- If the oil is taken internally, it will help to rinse out the urinary tract and infections of the bladder and urinary tract. It is used as a wash to sterilize hands.
- The oil rouses the circulatory system. It can increase low blood pressure. It is also helpful for those who are fatigued, lethargic, or depressed. It also assists in memory by stimulating the chemical reactions in the brain.
- Thyme oil reduces stretch marks and it assists in promoting hair growth.
Benefits of Thyme Herb Oil
Vermifuge: It can destroy worms such as round worms and tape worms, maggots in sores and even hook worm.
Diuretic: Those people who are suffering from accretion of water in the body owing to chronic renal failure or any other reasons, it is definite to gain from this oil. This also helps to decrease weight, lowers blood pressure, decreases fats and recovers digestion.
Expectorant: If person is suffering from cough and cold, there is a need of expectorant. Thyme oil helps alleviate infections that are caused by cough and cold. It gives respite from cough and cold.
Cicatrisant is the property of the Thyme oil and adds to beauty. It helps to remove your scars and other hideous spots on your body. These comprise the surgical marks, marks that is left by accidental injuries, acne, pox, measles, sores etc.
Women are always finding for something that can provide them respite from irregular periods, untimely menopause, obstructed and painful menstruations. Therefore they are more interested in this property of Thyme oil because it gives relief from above symptoms and keeps women healthy, happy and fertile.
Tonic: It Tones up the circulatory system, heart, digestive system, nervous system, muscles and skin, fortify them and improves immunity.
Insecticide: It can be successfully used to keep away parasites on human body like mosquitoes, fleas, lice, bed-bugs, flies etc. and insects from the food grains and clothes like beetles, moths etc.
Spasm is conceded as a discarded and unnecessary involuntary tightening. It may occurs place in respiratory tracts, nerves, muscles, intestines and other organs and may result in coughs, convulsions, epileptic or hysteric attacks, cramps and muscular aches, abdominal and intestinal aches and even spasmodic cholera. Many people suffer from coughs and aches due to spasm.
Rheumatism takes place because of two reasons, arthritis and gout. Arthritis is inappropriate or obstructed circulation and gout is increasing attention of toxins like uric acid in the blood stream. Thyme oil gives relief from both of these problems.
Thyme oil has anti bacterial properties. It inhibits bacterial expansion in and outside the body. It destroys the bacteria and keeps them away. It helps to treat bacterial infections like B-Colitis, renal colic, bacterial infections in the genitals and urethra, intestines, respiratory system etc.
Tips and Warnings
- Do not swallow the essential oil.
- Keep thyme oil away from children and pets
- Utilize small amounts to test for allergies (one to two drops).
- When pregnant, avoid to use thyme oil
Rob Hovey Uses Thyme Oil to Prevent Bees Nests video from youtube: