Get healthy and beautiful skin with golden herb – Saffron! Its anti-bacterial quality is ideal for curing acne, its exfoliating quality works great in purifying & lightening the skin tone… means your complete beauty kit. Check out Saffron benefits for beauty here.
From olden days to modern times, saffron is well-known for beauty benefits. In ancient times, women used Saffron for beautiful skin, wherein they applied a paste made from saffron on the face and exposed parts of the body alike foundation makeup. Its paste is believed to be great in imparting smoothness to a woman’s skin also it gives their skin a golden tint. It also used in queen’s bath-tub to soak in its beauty benefits. And today, it is used as one of the key ingredients for making most fairness creams because it is great in promoting fairness of complexion and removing skin blemishes. Besides beauty wonders, it also provides healthy skin by curing acne with its amazing anti-bacterial properties and removing the dust and impurities. It has multiple benefits to solve beauty woes. The only problem is its high cost, but on the strong side, you just require a pinch of Saffron to reap in its benefits. Also you can say that saffron has ample of qualities that justify its value. So don’t waste your money in purchasing artificial cosmetic products…Get natural beauty and glowing skin by using saffron with its perfect measure and perfect applying knowledge, given below.
Saffron is a golden color spice and bitter in taste like honey. It is a versatile herb with Cooking, Medical, Commercial in addition to Cosmetic benefits. For cooking, it is used for its pleasant aroma also to provide its yellowish color. It is the most costliest spice in the world. You can easily buy it from the special spice markets.
The best quality saffron is available in Iran and Spain. Iranian Saffron is deeper red in color but difficult to obtain because of ban on export by the Iranian Government. Spanish saffron is easily available also categorized in grades like Coupe, Superior, La Mancha and Rio. It is good to purchase dried, whole stigma rather than powdered saffron because it may be mixed oftentimes. Fresh saffron features in bright orange-yellow hue and every thread-like stigma measuring 2 to 4 cm in length. keep away from inferior quality product that features grey color streaks or light spots on the stigma. Also, there are some fake products being dyed to copy saffron. To find out pure saffron, dip a bit of the product in warm water or milk. Now if the liquid colors instantly, then the saffron is fake because pure saffron must soak in warm water or milk for minimum 10 to 15 minutes before its deep red-gold color also the saffron aroma begin to develop. Opt for a well-sealed container with date of package and expiry from the reliable selling company. Store in cool dark place away from the light because light rays oxidizes the pigments in saffron and offsets its flavor.
Be careful in using saffron, as it comes in the form of strands. These strands require moisture to release their flavor and magic qualities. So, you must soak saffron strands in water or milk before using it. Also, Saffron face packs have to be made with the exact ingredients to get full benefits. Ingredients like milk, turmeric and rose water are well-matched with saffron, so you can use them with saffron to get complete benefits of saffron for skin care.
Use Saffron for beauty and other skin benefits
Get clean and clear skin
Saffron has anti-bacterial properties that is great for the treatment of acne, blemishes and blackheads.
- Mix 7-8 holy basil (tulsi) leaves with 10-12 strands of saffron to make a fine paste.
- Apply this on your face specially on acne spots
- Let it dry and wash off with cold water after 10 to 15 minutes.
This paste is really effective to remove acne and pimples. Here, basil leaves can clean the bacteria that cause acne and pimples.
For blemish-free skin
Soak saffron in milk and apply this milk on your patchy skin twice a day to help in clearing blemishes.
As Tan removal
Now, you can remove all your dark shades with this amazing home remedy. Suntan is really annoying if you are going to marry or have big occasion in near future. Don’t worry, try this regularly months in advance and enjoy great tan free skin.
- Soak saffron in milk cream or malai and let it rest overnight.
- Blend this mixture in the morning with your fingers
- Apply on the tanned areas of the skin
This one is effective in lightening your tan. Even, it has extra benefit of adding a glow to your skin.
For Radiant skin
Saffron has healing properties, which work together with honey to make your skin adequately hydrated and moisturized. It provides oxygen to the skin, promoting blood circulation. You can apply this daily for getting bright complexion.
- Mix few strands of saffron with a teaspoonful of honey
- Apply, then massage your face with this magical face mask
For Fair skin
- Take 1 teaspoon of sandalwood power, 2-3 strands of saffron, and 2 spoons of milk.
- Mix all and make a face pack
- Wash your face just before of applying this face mask, and wipe with a cloth.
- Apply this mask when the face and neck is still wet.
- Massage your face in a circular motion.
- Let it dry for 20 minutes and then wash it off.
Try to apply this once a week
For silky skin
- Soak up chirongi (Sunflower seeds) and saffron in milk
- Let it for a night
- Grind both in the morning
- Apply on your skin.
This face mask is very good to brighten and lighten your complexion
To cure Dull skin
Saffron is good at rejuvenating dull skin. Use it for exfoliating the skin, and it makes it smooth and fresh.
- Soak 4-5 strands of saffron in a tsp of water overnight.
- In the morning, put in a few drops of coconut oil, pinch of sugar, and a tsp of milk in that water.
- Dip a piece of bread in it and wipe on your face with it.
- Keep it on your face for 15 minutes.
- Wash your face.
This pack freshens up your dull skin, also helps to get rid of dark circles and fatigue lines. The instant benefits of applying this nourishing saffron mask is that it promotes blood circulation, resulting in a glowing skin.
To brighten Dry or oily skin
- For dry skin: Mix saffron with some milk, apply it on your face and let it stay for 20 minutes. Rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- For oily skin: Mix saffron with a few drops of lemon juice, apply it on your face and let it stay for 20 minutes. Wash it off with lukewarm water.
Work as a natural toner
A toner is used after cleansing the skin. you can prepare a natural toner using Saffron.
- Mix saffron in rose water
- let rose water to soak in the color of the saffron.
- After that, dab it on the face with a cotton ball once you clean and exfoliate your face
Use in bath-tub
You can add saffron strands in to hot bath water and take a bath using it to keep the skin look young for a longer time.
As a massage oil
- Soak few strands of saffron with olive oil, almond oil or coconut oil
- Massage your skin
You can get lighter and softer skin by massaging your face with this oil.