Olive oil is well-known natural remedy for promoting the growth of good hair and overall body health. Read out article to know some home remedies for hair with the use if olive oil.
Olive oil improves the health and quality of your hair and scalp. Many people have a problem of dry, brittle or frizzy hair. Probably, this problem may be due to use of expensive products which promises silky and shiny locks. Frizziness and drying condition of your hair can be treated well with a simple product like olive oil. Olive oil is used for almost all hair problems including dandruff, hair lice, hair loss etc. Also, it acts as conditioning agent on hair.
The rate of hair growth depends on two factors: the amount of nourishment that reaches to your hair follicles from nutrients supplied to them by the bloodstream and also the regular oiling and cleaning of the scalp and hair. Some other factors which adversely affect hair growth include stress, exposure to heat, dust and sun and prolonged physical ailments. Olive oil is a good source of polyphenols which gives anti bacterial and anti fungal properties. So, some of the most effective home remedies for hair comprise the use of olive oil as it gives the healthier, softer and more manageable look to hair.
Extra virgin olive oil is marginally better to use than virgin oil as it is prepared with organic olives. Olive oil is well regarded as an aid to over-all health due to its nourishing properties. To enhance the health and vitality of your hair, olive oil is the best and cheapest way to use on hair as it nourishes conditions and improves the strength and elasticity of the hair.
Olive Oil treatments for hair:
Olive Oil as Conditioner:
For dry and damaged hair, olive oil can be effectively used as a conditioner as it has nourishing property to the hair.
- Warm about 2 tsps of olive oil as it penetrates more deeply into the hair shaft to repair the damaged cuticles that cause dryness, frizziness and breakage. Massage the oil into your hair from beginning to the ends of your hair. Cover your hair in a warm towel and allow the oil to saturate your hair for up to 30 minutes. Wash your hair with a mild shampoo. Finally, rinse your hair with cool water which seals the hair shaft, locking in shine and prevents damaged ends.
- Add few drops of lemon juice in half a cup of olive oil. Apply this mixture on the hair and scalp after shampooing. Rinse hair after 5 minutes.
- Combine half a quarter of spring water with a quarter of olive oil and massage into the hair. Wrap your hair in warm towel and leave for 25 minutes. After that, wash off hair with water.
Olive Oil to Treat Head Lice:
It is very difficult to remove head lice and recurring attacks are also possible. Olive oil can effectively treat head lice. It is effective in tacking the problem of hair lice without the agony and irritation as it related with other commercial hair lice removal products.
- To remove head lice, apply olive oil on the scalp and leave it on scalp for 30 minutes. Shampoo the hair thoroughly to eliminate the oil. Reapply the olive oil the next day for greater effect.
Olive Oil to Treat Hair Loss:
The problem of hair loss can be significantly decreased with the regular use of olive oil.
- To bring out the best results, consume olive oil as a part of your diet.
- Before going to bed, massage your scalp with olive oil every night and cover your head. In the morning, rinse the hair with shampoo.
- Mix one beaten egg in ¾ cup of olive oil. Apply this mixture to the hair after it is shampooed and is still wet. Allow it to remain on the hair for at least 45 minutes. Then, rinse hair with mild shampoo. This is a good remedy for the hair regrowth. Olive oil also used as an excellent conditioner that also aids in increasing hair volume.
- You can also apply a blend of an egg, a tablespoon of olive oil and two tablespoons of honey on your scalp. Rinse your hair after 15 minutes to enhance hair growth.
Other Olive Oil Treatment:
- In a sauce pan, place half a cup of olive oil and add half a cup of dried rosemary leaves. Heat it on a low flame with continuous stirring. Then, eliminate from heat and strain the leaves from the oil. When oil is slightly warm, apply it on your scalp and hair. To retain the heat, cover the head and leave for 15 minutes. At last, wash thoroughly with shampoo and water.
For hair growth, extra virgin olive oil is found to be most effective because it is good source of vitamin E and mono-unsaturated fatty acids which act as antioxidants and promote hair growth. It’s emollient property help to minimize hair loss and factors that cause hair loss fir example dandruff. Regular use of olive oil directly on the hair and on the scalp helps to resolve the problem of brittle hair. Regularly massage of the scalp with olive oil tends to stimulate the scalp and promote hair growth. Furthermore, it also improves the elasticity of hair and prevents hair breakage.
Olive Oil Hair Treatment!! video from Youtube:
Olive oil for hair! video from Youtube:
Deep Condition Long Hair with Olive Oil – Use as a Hot Oil Treatment Too! video from Youtube: