Hate peeling garlic cloves? Check out these fast and easy techniques given here and start peeling those little cloves effortlessly in no time!
Garlic is a wonder herb that not only adds a wonderful zest and aroma to any dish, but also offers a range of health benefits. However there is one thing that people hate about it – peeling its skin. Some people hate this task so much that they have completely given up using garlic. No doubt peeling those flavor-packed cloves can be a bit tricky, but there exist several different ways to get the job done effortlessly and fast. From smashing the clove with the side of a knife to shaking it vigorously between two bowls, there are many interesting techniques out there that you can use to peel those little garlic cloves easily. A few such creative ideas and tricks are demonstrated here. Take a look and you’re guaranteed to peel garlic cloves in no time at all.
Using a flat knife
If you just have a couple of cloves to peel, this particular technique works really well. All you need for this technique is a chopping board and a chef’s knife.
- Take a bulb of garlic and using the palm of your hand press down firmly to separate the individual cloves.
- Remove and discard the loose outer papery skin.
- Take one clove and place it on a chopping board.
- Next, take a chef’s knife and place the flat end of it over the garlic clove. Remember, the sharp cutting edge of knife should face outward. Plus, the clove should be placed near to the handle and not in the centre of the blade.
- Then, give a quick, light hit on the middle of the blade using the heel of your hand.
- Remove the knife and you’ll find the skin has been detached from the clove.
- Now complete the peeling process with your hand. The skin will now come away easily.