Are you looking for simple way to make kulfi using condensed milk? Enjoy the collection of different flavored kulfis based on condensed milk. The recipe information is given below.
Kulfi, an Indian ice cream has its own allures due to its slightly chewy texture and sweet, creamy taste. It is flavored frozen dessert made from condensed milk. Kulfi is originated in South Asia and is popular throughout neighboring countries in the Middle East. In taste, texture and preparation, it is similar to ice cream. However, unlike Western ice creams kulfi is not thrashed , resulting in a solid, dense frozen dessert similar to traditional custard based ice-cream. Kulfi takes a very long time to melt which differs it from other ice cream.
Kulfi can be prepared in various flavours, including malai, raspberry, rose, mango, cardamom (elaichi), saffron (kesar) or Zafran, pistachio, the more traditional flavours, as well as newer variations like apple, orange, peanut, and avocado. Generally, it is considered as a distinct category of frozen dairy-based dessert. Kulfi condensed milk is loved by people who are follows vegetarian diet. Also, it is great for people who like sweet food. You can substitute ground toasted saffron threads and rose water for pistachios for more traditional style. You can find different flavored kulfi condensed milk recipes here. It is very easy to prepare, so enjoy it.
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 2 persons
- 10 cardamom pods
- 2 Cans sliced mangoes drained (or 3-4 Fresh mangoes)
- Double Cream
- Condensed Milk (sweetened)
Method of preparation:
- First of all remove seeds from the cardamom pods and crush them. Put them to one side.
- Then blend the mango until smooth using a blender/liquidizer. If you use a fresh mango then use it after removing the skin.
- Pour condensed milk into a large bowl. Add cardamom and stir it to combine.
- Take cream in another bowl and whip it until it forms soft peaks.
- Gently, fold the cream into the condensed milk. Do not over mix you just want them to blend together gently.
- After that, swirl through the mango puree, gently. Pour this mixture into 8-10 individual freezable bowls or into one big container and freeze for at least 6 hours.
- Transfer to the fridge half an hour before serving.
Kulfi Flavoured Frozen Ice Cream:
- 75mL 1/4 can (150mL 1/2 can) Condensed Milk
- 185mL 1/2 can (370mL 1 can) Evaporated Milk
- 2 tbsp (4 tbsp) Ground Almond
- 1 tsp (2 tsp) Ground Cardamom
- 500mL 1/2 tub (1L 1 tub) Whipped Cream Cool Whip
- 1 tsp (2 tsp) Saffron
- 1 tsp (2 tsp) Sugar
- Handful sliced pistachios
- Handful sliced almonds
Method of preparation:
- Mix sugar and saffron and grind them together with the use of mortar and pestle. Then, add some of the sugar on it.
- Grind it using the pestle until sugar and saffron have become one powder.
- Repeat this until you have gotten through all the sugar and saffron. Then, place this mixture on side.
- Mix evaporated milk, condensed milk and whipped cream in a bowl and blend until no lumps remain, using a hand blender.
- Then, add ground almond, ground cardamom and saffron powder into the mixture.
- Pour this mixture into individual serving cups and garnish it with the sliced almond and pistachio.
- Put into the freezer to freeze for about 5-6 hours.
- 1 tin condensed milk
- 4 cups milk
- 100 gm khoya
- 1/2 tsp kesar powder
- 1 tbs maida flour
- 12-15 chopped and blanched almonds
Method of preparation:
- Combine together condensed milk, milk, maida and khoya. Then, bring it to boil with constant stirring.
- After that, slow down the heat and cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Then remove from fire and cool it.
- Mix almonds and kesar dissolved in 1 tsp of water.
- Fill into kulfi moulds and freeze it overnight.
- 3-4 Alphonso mangoes
- 1 liter milk
- ½ can condensed milk
- 4-5 tbsp sugar
- ¼ cup milk powder
- ¼ cup pistachios, chopped
- ¼ cup almonds, chopped
Method of Preparation:
- Place milk in bowl and boil it. Let it simmer at low flame. Add sugar, milk powder and condensed milk.
- Let the milk cook till it becomes thick (approximately 15-20 mins) while stirring continuously.
- Turn off the heat and let the milk cool.
- Peel the mangoes and detach the pulp. Blend in a mixer.
- Then, add the almonds, pistachios and mango puree to the milk.
- After that pour in the matkas and cover it with aluminium foil and tie with a rubber band or a thread.
- Chill it for 4-5 hours till kulfi is set. Serve it when chilled.