Once Diabetes is diagnosed, it remains for lifetime. The number for diabetes patients is increasing at a fast rate nowadays due to unhealthy eating, obesity, stress, etc. It is very essential to make diabetes prevention a priority if you’re at higher risk of diabetes, for instance – if you have family history of the disease or you are overweight. You may know that diabetes is a severe and panic disease however natural care, good treatment plan and proper diet can decrease its gravity. Making a few lifestyle changes could be a huge step towards diabetes prevention – and it’s not too late to begin. Follow the healthy diet as it helps you avoid the stern health complications of diabetes down the road like kidney, nerve and heart damage. You can save yourself from different side effects and complications of diabetes with a careful control on your blood sugar. In order to control your diabetes, you should check your intake of sugar products and fatty items. The list of some of the best foods is mentioned here can help you keep away from having diabetes in future, and if you have diabetes then it will be helpful to control it. Consider these easy and simple to follow natural diabetes care tips.
1, Java plum – Jambul
As a part of diet for diabetics, Java plum is one of the fruits that diabetic can consume without wavering. Jambul fruit is known in Ayurveda as a particular herb against Diabetes, due to its effect on pancreas. Not only the fruit, but seeds and fruit juice are also helpful in treating diabetes. This Ayurvedic herb lessens the level of sugar in the blood and urine and over a period of some weeks, it can reduce the thirst linked with diabetes and reduce the quantity of urine output. As well, in some cases it can lower requirement for medical insulin. The seeds of fruit comprise a glucoside “Jambosin” (alkaloid), which is alleged to have the power to check the pathological conversion of starch into sugar in cases of extreme production of Glucose.
- Take some seeds that are dried and powdered. One teaspoon of this powder should be mixed with 1 cup of milk/curd/water and taken 2-3 times daily. It decreases sugar in the urine as well as satiates thirst.
- Include Java plum in your regular part of diet as it is very good for people suffering from Diabetes. Every morning consume 5 -7 fresh Jambul leafs.
- The inner bark of the Jambul tree is also considered beneficial in diabetes treatment. The bark is dried and burnt, which will turn out in white colored ash – it should be ground, strained and bottled. Give 10 gms of this powder with water, on an empty stomach in morning to diabetic patient and 20 gms in the afternoon and evening, an hour before meals.
2, Bitter melon (also called bitter gourd)
Bitter melon is suggested for patients suffering from diabetes as it contains phyto-nutrient, polypeptide-P; a plant insulin that helps to lower blood sugar levels. As well, it contains hypoglycemic agent known as Charantin, which raises glucose uptake and glycogen synthesis in the cells of liver, muscle and adipose tissue. Both of these compounds are considered to be liable for lessening of blood sugar levels in the treatment of type-2 diabetes. As its name suggests, it is bitter in taste. Though, there are many Chinese recipes which make the bitter melon as delicious dish. It has been offered in fish, soups, and pork entrees, besides being stuffed and salad-ed. Thus, adding the bitter melon into your diet is a wonderful and inexpensive way to help reduce blood sugar and prevent diabetes. Cover the Bitter melon in plastic and store in the refrigerator to keep them fresh for around a week.
- Choose tender, green Bitter melon for superb taste. Though the bitterness differs based on the variety, generally, tender Bitter melon are less bitter. You can utilize them with the pith and seeds; or else, take out the pith and seeds.
- For reducing the bitterness, cut the Bitter melon and rub salt and/or lime juice on the pieces and allow sit for one or two hours. Before cooking it, squeeze out the water.
- Other way to lessen the bitterness is to add tamarind, grated coconut, jaggery, lime/lemon juice to the curries or mix with beans and legumes such as chickpeas.
3, Coconut Oil
Coconut oil works wonders in terms of controlling blood sugar levels and also helps to improve the secretion of insulin. The healthy fat in coconut oil plays a vital role in regulating blood sugar – it slows the digestive procedure to make sure a stable, also stream of energy from your food by lessening the overall glycemic index of your meal. When you take coconut oil with carbohydrates in a meal, the carbs are broken down into glucose more gradually; as a result blood sugar levels remain stable even after you eat. The smaller and easily immersed medium chain molecules found in coconut oil deliver the cells with necessary fatty acids without inhibiting insulin and without glucose, thus they combat insulin resistance.
- Take 1 tsp of coconut oil two times a day, then slowly increase the consumption till you reach 3-4 tbsp a day. Eating a diet rich in coconut oil helps to protect against insulin resistance in both muscles and fat.
Turmeric is a perennial plant of the ginger family, and its health benefits have been recognized by Chinese and Ayurvedic medicine since hundreds of years. Many researches have been done on the effects of turmeric on diabetics and lots of studies also show the benefits of turmeric for diabetics. Turmeric could play a noteworthy role in preventing type 2 diabetes. It contains an active medicinal ingredient known as Curcumin, which has lots of anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant as well as anti-bacterial properties. Curcumin lowers the insulin resistance and assists in preventing Type 2 diabetes by dropping the inflammatory response provoked by obesity.
- A straightforward preventive remedy is to take 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder two times a day with meals.
- Add 1 tsp of turmeric to some gooseberry (amla) juice and consume this mixture every day. Alternatively, one can also take turmeric extracts or capsules. This is very effectual in normalizing the blood glucose levels and falling insulin resistance.
The benefits of beet juice relates generally to its good reputation as a strong blood purifier and builder that assist in the formation of red blood cells. In spite of the sugar content in beets, the high fiber content in fresh beets makes them a high-value food for diabetics. Usually, fruits and vegetables help in naturally fighting germs and other bacteria that can intensify the symptoms of diabetes. Beet juice not only helps to fight diabetes but also diseases like heart diseases and cancer. The most widespread type of beet is a reddish-purple color and it is also available in yellow, white and pink color. No matter whichever way you decide to prepare beets, it makes a healthy addition to your diet.
- Drinking the fresh juice of beet daily is a superb preventative health measure. For more taste, beet juice can be assorted with apple juice or carrot juice. Eat beet in any form, such as, salad, juice, paratha, etc.
6, Lime/Lemon Water
The American Diabetes Association (ADA) includes lemons on their list of superfoods because of the high amount of vitamin C and soluble fiber. Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that decreases free radical damage in the body. Free radicals harm cells as well as membranes in the body. Numerous people with diabetes have low levels of vitamin C. This vitamin is believed to help in preventing diabetes, some cancers, heart disease and stroke. Lemons contain a low glycemic index, meaning they are improbable to cause your blood sugar to thorn. Lemons supply flavor without the added sugar found in various sodas and juices. People suffering from diabetes should drink more and more lime water. Drinking lime water is very much beneficial for health.
- Diabetic patient should drink one glass of lime water every day. If you like the idea of lime water but wish more variety, then include other soluble fiber-rich fruits to your water, for example – orange slices.
Other tips to control diabetes:
- Eat fruits and vegetables daily and avoid sweets. As well, eat foods that are rich in fiber like pears, barley, beans, blackberries, chick-peas, etc. Fiber slows intestinal absorption of sugar and even smoothes out blood sugar levels.
- Onions and garlic are herbal remedy for diabetes. Clinical studies have exposed that allicin in garlic mixes with Vitamin B1 and rouse the pancrease to discharge more insulin.
- People with diabetes have fear of ripe mangoes for their high sugar content, however mango leaves assist normalize insulin levels in the blood. Boil some mango leaves in water and leave overnight. Then filter it and drink in the morning.
- Aloe juice is supposed to lower blood sugar levels in people with type 2 diabetes. It comprises 2 chemicals – mannose and glucomannon; mannose assists open up the blood vessels while glucomannon aids in triglyceride construction.
- Cinnamon is helpful for Type 2 diabetes since it can decrease blood sugar levels and raises the body’s natural production of insulin. It can even eradicate artery-damaging free radicals from the blood, improve cholesterol metabolism and improve the functioning of the blood vessels. For nearly 40 days, try to eat half a teaspoon of cinnamon before breakfast. As well, add cinnamon in your diet by sprinkling it in your tea, cereal or entree.